It is important to have a travel insurance plan if you are planning to go outside of the country. Some travellers may be under the impression that purchasing travel insurance is optional. But the reality is that quite a few countries mandatorily require visitors to acquire travel insurance before entering their territory. When travelling to these countries, be sure to carry a travel insurance which can be easily purchased from a good traveller’s insurance app.
There are a few countries in which having travel insurance is required:
- United States of America (USA)
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Ecuador (including Galapagos Islands)
- Schengen nations (a group of 26 central European countries)
When travelling, if you have bought an international travel insurance online, you can avoid stressful circumstances like losing your passport, having your flight cancelled, being locked out of your hotel, having a medical emergency, or having your luggage stolen.
With a travel insurance app download on your mobile, you can easily buy insurance online from the comfort of your home.
The following are the other primary advantages of getting travel insurance before going abroad:
- Medical assistance: Medical emergencies are unpredictable. You may find yourself in a difficult financial situation if you fail to make preparations in advance. Hospitalisation costs and pharmaceutical expenses are covered, making it a very useful advantage of having a travel insurance.
Additionally, the policy may assist you if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 while you are away on your trip. Travel insurance typically includes coverage for extended trips overseas in the event that unforeseen situations arise. *
- Passport loss: The consequences of losing a passport are wide-ranging and complicated. This may not only ruin the rest of your trip, but it could also get you into problems with the law.
In order to verify the identities of tourists who are found without proper documentation, many nations have made purchasing travel insurance mandatory. *
- Liability toward third parties: No country wants tourists to cause property damage or physical harm to its inhabitants. When travelling, having insurance that covers you in the event that may cause harm or injury to a third party is highly beneficial.
It may cover property damage or bodily harm caused to a third party and assist you with any lawsuit costs. *
- Facilitates the process of acquiring a visa: Travel insurance helps ensure your visa application is processed as quickly as possible. It instils trust in the authority that you will be able to handle the matter without exhausting your cash reserves if a catastrophe occurs. *
* Standard T&C Apply
Purchasing travel insurance before setting out on vacation, whether or not it is required, is something that should be done to ensure that you are ready for anything that may arise during your time aboard.
If you are not sure which policy to buy, then use a traveller’s insurance app to compare various policies and choose one that suits you the best.
And if you are travelling with senior citizens, then make sure they are fully covered on their journey with the right travel insurance because the older people are more likely to contract a disease while travelling abroad.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.